Typical rides ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical rides ?

Hi, was thinking to join your club and just wondering the types of rides you typically do for members?
    I tend to ride on Sunday (can do Saturday), big ride usually quite technical in Lakes, Peaks, Calderdale, Wharncliffe etc, does this fit with what the club gets up to?

Just realised you post quite a bit on your FB page so I'll pick it up from there, apologies for unnecessary post. Tried to delete but can't feel free if admin can to remove clutter.

Comment

Hi Martin.

I'd say, at the moment at least, the answer is more towards the no end rather than yes. Others can chip in with their opinion.

Looking at your Youtube channel (very good) I'd say those rides might occasionally appear but not as a staple of the clubs riding.

There are members, past and present, who like the bigger rides and those who like the more techy / DH oriented rides but I think the venn diagram intersection of those is pretty small.

Typical club ride is more on the trail side i'd say rather than enduro / tech for the most part

Comment

It's a mixed bag mate. We do so some more challenging routes and there's a bit of trail / XC thrown in there to cater for all tastes.

As you can imagine, people tend to do the kind of riding that appeals to them and dip in and out depending on the route planned.

There's lots of smaller group activity going on that doesn't hit 'club ride' status.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Surprised you managed to link me to my YouTube channel petern so well done on that one

I read quite a lengthy post on your FB page where the club appears to be in disarray and I was previously riding with bogtrotters for many years and the club has gone the same way, still going reasonably strongly but completely focussed on family weekends and social rides.

I ended up in a splinter group riding the more technical stuff with a few others which was my bag but as the years have gone by the number has dwindled to pretty much just me most weekends due to others having other commitments which is fair enough. They do ride occasionally but I find myself riding on my own most weekends so looking round for other like minded riders which is why I made the enquiry with yourselves.

I'll keep an eye on your FB but if there is anybody you can put me in touch with who may not mind me tagging along it would be appreciated.

I did ride With Antz, Dave Chunk and who knows maybe others who I think are with Woollies a few years back but seems they also do their own thing elsewhere.

Anyway thanks for taking time to post some comments.....

Comment

Interesting to hear that the Bogtrotters have struggled a bit too Martin, they were always a really big and active club. We had a few members of theirs over the years.

Might just be sign of the times.

Hope you find some riding buddies with similar interests.
            If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Surprised you managed to link me to my YouTube channel petern so well done on that one

I read quite a lengthy post on your FB page where the club appears to be in disarray and I was previously riding with bogtrotters for many years and the club has gone the same way, still going reasonably strongly but completely focussed on family weekends and social rides.

I ended up in a splinter group riding the more technical stuff with a few others which was my bag but as the years have gone by the number has dwindled to pretty much just me most weekends due to others having other commitments which is fair enough. They do ride occasionally but I find myself riding on my own most weekends so looking round for other like minded riders which is why I made the enquiry with yourselves.

I'll keep an eye on your FB but if there is anybody you can put me in touch with who may not mind me tagging along it would be appreciated.

I did ride With Antz, Dave Chunk and who knows maybe others who I think are with Woollies a few years back but seems they also do their own thing elsewhere.

Anyway thanks for taking time to post some comments.....
              Ants, Chunk & Glenn were all out with Pete and I Thursday night up Rivington Pike. They ride Rivi and Darwen at least weekly. You can contact Chunk through the forum or the Woolybacks Facebook page and join his weekly rides. He’s always open to people joining him.

I rode Darwen Tower Tuesday & Rivi Thursday. We’ve just started posting the rides on Facebook so keep your eyes out for those too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Dave

Comment

Ants and Chunk and a few others of us ride the kind or stuff you do and obviously when you’re up in grizedale or golfie they’re pretty busy so plenty are doing that. We all used to ride the same stuff doing big loops in the lakes and peaks but I want better descents now so end up doing steeper stuff rather than those loops and others can’t be arsed with the drive and stay local.

probably best messaging ants and chunk and ditto with me
                It's not the winning or the taking part that counts....it's the beer afterwards.

Comment

Martin your welcome to join the ride on Sunday. Will be a longer techier route than a normal club ride.

Comment

Working...
                  X