How it went: Sun 5th July Intro Ride @ Bike Park Bold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How it went: Sun 5th July Intro Ride @ Bike Park Bold

11 out (3 non members) on a blustery morning. Rain held off completely and the trails are well sheltered so the wind wasn't a problem. Trails in good condition. Just a few greasy spots.

Couple of trails at Clock Face to warm up before heading over the field to Bold. We'd normally do Dream as well but all trails currently lost there to ongoing forestry.

The warm up continued of the flow trails over the railway at Bold where there were a couple of tactical lie downs to make close inspection of the trail surface. Everything running well but a good workout.

Back over the railway for laps of the main zone of BPB. Everyone handled the drops and steeper tech well and all did well on the narrow exposed tech of the slab trail which has caught out even the most experienced club riders.

A lap of The Whole Enchilada (now getting close to 2km in length) is a great test of bike handling and fitness. Ride it in one go at anything approaching full speed and you'll quickly find out whether you're fit or not.

A quick spin through Not Mushroom and Powerslave to finish before heading back over the fields to the cars saw a Roger have an argument with a tree. I didn't see it but I heard it was a ding dong row.

All new riders acquitted themselves well and I'll send out joining details shortly. Ben was very good but doesn't have an account yet, Shaun all fine but in need of better tyres (recommendations incoming mate) and Gaz, while lacking a little bit of mtb based fitness, did just fine. Hope to see you all out again soon.

Thanks for club members who supported and welcome to those new & old who were riding at Bold for the first time. I hope you were pleasantly surprised with what is there.

Cheers.

PN

Loved the ride and the little lie down, surprising how good the local trails are here, hats off to Pete and the other trail fairies, definitely going to come out on more BPB rides.
    Thanks for the lead Pete and everyone's company.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Comment

Cheers for the lead Pete, really enjoyed the ride, got home and felt great - wonder why!!!!! Great to meet up with everyone, cheers all for the company.

Comment

Great ride and lead as ever. Looking forward to more trail excavating to extend an already good loop / distance when required. Mark

Comment

Sounds like a fun day, Gaz is now a joined up member.
          If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by artillerydave View Post
            Sounds like a fun day, Gaz is now a joined up member.
            Ta la. Should be incoming from Shaun too and Ben needs to set up an account

Comment

Very enjoyable in every way.(that tree I hit felt softer than my shoulder).

The trails are really running well and people seemed to rate them highly. The trail fairies will appreciate the comments and hopefully be encouraged to build more.

Glad you are enjoying your e bike Ross and look forward to comparing notes on Sat.

Good to see so many out, and to meet new riders. Hope they all join the Club and ride with us again.

Thanks for the lead Peter

Last edited by roger; 06-07-2020, 14:12.
              carpe diem

It's rad, man!

Comment

Enjoyable morning cheers pete

Comment

Ben and Shaun are both paid up members now, welcome lads.
                  If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                  X