Hello from Sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Sale!

Morning all, just popping in as advised to say hello, now that my registration came through. I'm Jack, 28 from Southampton, but living in Sale after stints in Lymm, Wirral and Liverpool since 2004.

Getting back into biking after a ten-year hiatus. My last bike was a Specialized Hardrock '03, which served me well - it got used and abused with 10-20 miles every day as a commuter bike before I passed my driving test. Hence the hiatus!

Recently picked up a Rockrider 8.3 from Decathlon on the Cycle2Work scheme through my job, which works out to be an absolute bargain really, thanks to tax benefits. It's a decent spec as well, which helps.

Anyhow - I'm looking to get more experience on trails and general 'proper' off-road biking, as this is something I missed out on before. Only had my bike a couple of weeks, but made it to Philips Park twice this weekend for a little test and managed the red run a couple of times after getting a bit lost looking for the full blue run (does it really exist?!).

Hope to join you soon for a ride or two!

Welcome to the club sp0ng
    Sha...ting !!

Comment

Welcome mate. There's a couple of members live in Sale already.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
      Woollybacks Club Routes - http://www.gpsies.com/mapUser.do?use...thewoollybacks
      Members NCR - http://www.gpsies.com/mapUser.do?use...WoollybacksNCR

if you have a route you would like uploading, please email it to: woollybacksncr@gmail.com

Comment

Welcome to the forum, I'm only over in Hulme so if you're heading out around Manchester let me know. I can show you where the blue trails are in Philips park!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoomer View Post
          Welcome to the club sp0ng
          Thanks!

Originally posted by GeeBee View Post
          Welcome mate. There's a couple of members live in Sale already.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
          Good to know - up to now, it's just been a few leisurely rides up and down the canal with the better half (she's not a confident rider, but I'm working on that), so it's good to know a few are about

Originally posted by N1CK View Post
          Welcome to the forum, I'm only over in Hulme so if you're heading out around Manchester let me know. I can show you where the blue trails are in Philips park!
          Thanks appreciate that - I found a few bits, but the map suggested that there was a lot more? I think the bit by the pylon was where I started with blue and got through the bits I found in no time at all. Not sure if I captured it with Strava from memory, but did find another bit of random red climb that was basically rocky all the way up? It's like a maze around there!

Comment

Sounds like you might have found it then, it's not a massive trail. Some clever barstewards have removed a couple of the signs too.

I'd like to do Llandegla at some point in the near future so if you fancy it and want to car share let me know.

All this talk of riding is making me want to go out now, I think I've just talked myself into a ride this afternoon!

Comment

Welcome to the club sp0ng, as people have already said there are a few woollies from your end n always plenty of places to ride/explore
              The older I get, the faster I was.........

Comment

Sounds like you might have found it then, it's not a massive trail. Some clever barstewards have removed a couple of the signs too.

I'd like to do Llandegla at some point in the near future so if you fancy it and want to car share let me know.

All this talk of riding is making me want to go out now, I think I've just talked myself into a ride this afternoon!
                Yeah I saw some exits, but not the corresponding entrances. Strange, but from what I can tell, not entirely unheard of in the trail world.

Coed Llandegla and I think there's another in Mold? As well as Gisburn forest are on my radar. I'd like to have a look at Clayton Vale too, even though a guy I work with reckons it's a bit tame.

If the weather picks up, I might be able to escape an evening or two; usually pretty flexible with work (and the lady), but not confident enough to be blatting about on two wheels in the sopping wet just yet! A car share would be good (I just shove everything in the boot at the moment) - thanks for the suggestion. These things are always best when you go with someone else etc.

Originally posted by R6 Phil View Post
                Welcome to the club sp0ng, as people have already said there are a few woollies from your end n always plenty of places to ride/explore
                Yep all good I'm definitely keen to know rides nearby, as I've only been in Sale since December and don't know the area that well.

Thanks again for the warm welcome

Comment

Yeah same here, I don't have a rack or anything, I just take the wheels off and throw it in the back. I'm going to have a look at Clayton Vale this afternoon, I'll take some photos and map it on strava too.

Comment

Yeah same here, I don't have a rack or anything, I just take the wheels off and throw it in the back. I'm going to have a look at Clayton Vale this afternoon, I'll take some photos and map it on strava too.
                    Go careful, mind. My colleague has been reading that the local scallies have been going around on mopeds and putting wire at head height (apparently), so if you can buddy-up, it might be advised.

What time are you going to head over there? I am getting good news on the berms there on the trail though - apparently they are pretty fast.

Comment

How much would you like to sell it for. And what condition is the bike in please

Comment

Did you mean to reply to this thread? It's over a year old and I can't see anything for sale in it?
                        It's not the winning or the taking part that counts....it's the beer afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Neal View Post
                          Did you mean to reply to this thread? It's over a year old and I can't see anything for sale in it?
                          I was thinking the same thing Neal??
                          sigpic
                          :Bike: http://fizbomb.pinkbike.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X