New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Hi Guys, my names Ben, I'm 30 years old from Widnes (don't hold that against me) and I have been into mountain biking since I can remember. I came across this club yesterday when searching the internet for local trails and with lockdown insanity slowly creeping in I decided to stretch my legs and have a ride up to the dream which is only around 3km from my house. I've never been involved in a MTB club before so i'm keen to get involved once covid permits and discover new to me trails and like minded people and just have a laugh.

2019 was my first year into racing Enduros with plenty lined up for 2020 (DYFI Enduro, Ard Moors & Welsh Enduro series to name a few) that were postponed to this year...fingers crossed we can get back out soon. i'm always up for an adventure so the alps is on my to do list.

hopefully I can get involved in a newbie ride soon and become a registered member.

Welcome.

As plenty of other posts you may have read, there isn't much going on at the moment due to current restrictions. Who knows when they'll end.

There are a few trails to discover at Dream but all the good stuff (some build built as I type) is on Bold / Colliers Moss behind Bold housing estate. Worth a pedal over and explore. Plenty to go at. If you see a gap in the bushes with tyre tracks heading in you'll be in one of the right places.

Strava is very useful if you want to find them.

Hope to see you soon.

Comment

Cheers mate,

I will have to explore Bold / Colliers Moss next weekend and yeah I will check on Strava for the areas people are riding.

The company that I work for is based in north Wales so before Covid I would stick around there for an after work ride or of a weekend it would be Wales/ Peak District. I've never even thought about local tracks before now. I think the closest to home I have been on a decent ride would be Delemere or Rivington.

Comment

Plenty of club rides at Dele & Rivi in normal times. Rivi in particular gets plenty of use.

Theres plenty to go at at Bold. Some trails not in great condition right now because of the weather but still plenty to ride.

Other good local spots are Daresbury Firs and the woods behind Billinge Hill.

Comment

I've heard a few people mention Daresbury Firs but I thought the council had destroyed most of the trails.

I'll be sure to tag along to a Rivi ride. Some good drop offs coming down from the pike tower.

Fingers crossed things start to look up anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Benl90 View Post
            I've heard a few people mention Daresbury Firs but I thought the council had destroyed most of the trails.
            "reports of my death are greatly exaggerated" - Mark Twain

Comment

Daresbury firs are running really well at the moment. Trail fairies were back in pretty much straight after some of the trails were destroyed. That being said there has been some issues recently with idiots laying death trap blockages which has resulted in police activity. And for the record the firs took Pete out of his comfort zone and a trip to the hospital was required

Comment

Originally posted by spickle bosch View Post
                And for the record the firs took Pete out of his comfort zone and a trip to the hospital was required
                Best way to progress ​​​​​​

Firs is going on the list

Comment

If you don't crash are you even trying?

Comment

Originally posted by petern View Post
                    If you don't crash are you even trying?
                    Pretty sure you don't point the wheels in that direction on the entrance to a berm? Can you confirm Pete? Also nice front wheel roost!

crash.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by DeficientDave View Post

Pretty sure you don't point the wheels in that direction on the entrance to a berm? Can you confirm Pete? Also nice front wheel roost!

crash.jpg
                      I styled it out from what I remember.......

Comment

somewhere there is a trail builder crying

that's a new technique... I'll give you that

Comment

Peteís centre of gravity canít have helped either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DaveGreaves View Post
                            Peteís centre of gravity canít have helped either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Gravity helped

Comment

Styled it out my arse - although it is now referred to as "Pete's berm"

Comment

Working...
                              X