• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petern
    replied
    Originally posted by Phil View Post
    Hi Harry

There's a car park off Gosey Lane on the old Clock Face Colliery site. There may be a height restriction, so watch if your bikes are on the roof.
    Phil is right. Think it's sub 2m so I always have to duck

Leave a comment:

• Phil
    replied
    Hi Harry

There's a car park off Gorsey Lane on the old Clock Face Colliery site. There may be a height restriction, so watch if your bikes are on the roof.
    Last edited by Phil; 25-07-2020, 15:34.

Leave a comment:

• petern
    replied
    Originally posted by Harryharris View Post
    Thanks that’s great. Are there any recommendations for parking / entry points to the park.

do they usually get busy with walkers mid week
    Not a great deal of parking. Easiest is to park somewhere on the Bold housing estate and make your way around the lake at the back of the estate.

Leave a comment:

• Harryharris
    replied
    Thanks that’s great. Are there any recommendations for parking / entry points to the park.

do they usually get busy with walkers mid week

Leave a comment:

• petern
    replied
    As others have said there are plenty of wide gravel paths on all of the sites and also plenty hiding in the woods. If you see an obvious gap in the bushes go and explore.
    Last edited by petern; 18-07-2020, 15:02.

Leave a comment:

• artillerydave
    replied
    Hi Harry, yes bikes are allowed on there. There's lots of reasonably challenging trails and lots of more simple trails to explore. Nothing is marked or listed specifically, but if you know the area then just follow your nose.

Leave a comment:

• DaveK
    replied
    Originally posted by Harryharris View Post
    Hello,

appreciate probably not a mtb question as such but I used to live in St. Helens many years ago, I noticed that the old Bold colliery site appears to have been turned into a nature park / walking trails etc. Are bikes allowed or are there any tracks or routes you can explore on a bike.

im not necessarily looking for challenging mtb trails, just interested in exploring an area I grew up around. It would be great if I could do that on a bike.

cheers

Harry
    All the old collieries have been transformed into country parks. Bikes are permitted in all of them. There is a network of gravel paths around the parks and linking them together. There are a number of unofficial bike trails built in the woods. They are unmarked and are hard to spot. You would need someone to show you the trails to get the best out of the area.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Harryharris
    started a topic Bold / Local Routes

Bold / Local Routes

Hello,

appreciate probably not a mtb question as such but I used to live in St. Helens many years ago, I noticed that the old Bold colliery site appears to have been turned into a nature park / walking trails etc. Are bikes allowed or are there any tracks or routes you can explore on a bike.

im not necessarily looking for challenging mtb trails, just interested in exploring an area I grew up around. It would be great if I could do that on a bike.

cheers

Harry
Working...
X