Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie Warrington Area

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Newbie Warrington Area

    Hi All

    Newbie From Warrington, First Time joining a MTB Club, looking at getting back on the bike, meeting people with the same interest and having a laugh along the way.

    Currently got a hardtail which I use around the Moore nature reserve tracks, Searching for a second hand full Sus next month for longer trail rides and bike parks. any recommendations ?

    John.

  • #2
    Welcome John.

    There are plenty of people in and around Warrington so you'll have no shortage of people to ride with.

    Recommend you join a Tuesday night ride from Carr Mill or jump on a Thursday night ride which normally start in the South of St Helens. You'd need good lights for a few more weeks but it won't be long until we'll be going around without. This weeks Thursday ride is starting in Burtonwood.

    A lot of options available in the mtb market these days. What bike are you riding now?

    Comment


    • #3
      Cheers,

      I’ve Just ordered some lights so when they arrive I’ll look at joining the Tuesday/Thursday rides.
      Currently got a voodoo bizango HT, looking around the £750 mark for a second hand full sus

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JohnH94 View Post
        Cheers,

        I’ve Just ordered some lights so when they arrive I’ll look at joining the Tuesday/Thursday rides.
        Currently got a voodoo bizango HT, looking around the £750 mark for a second hand full sus
        Good stuff. Hope to see you on a ride soon then.

        You might find £750 for a full sus a bit tight even in the second hand market. There are things out there for sure but not a lot.
        I'd recommend getting the most out of your hardtail to start with and when you start needing more bike look at getting a more aggressive hardtail or then look at a full sus. Keep saving the pennies until then.

        Comment


        • #5
          Welcome John.

          I may well have a 2013 Canyon Strive coming up around that money very soon.

          It might not be what you're looking for however, it's the final year of the 26ers. Excellent big hitting tail bike though no matter the wheelsize.

          Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • #6
            Welcome John

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Disco_Stu View Post
              Welcome John.

              I may well have a 2013 Canyon Strive coming up around that money very soon.

              It might not be what you're looking for however, it's the final year of the 26ers. Excellent big hitting tail bike though no matter the wheelsize.

              Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
              What's up with 26 inch wheels Stu? My favourite wheel size.

              Welcome to the club John.
              When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~ Elizabeth West

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Disco_Stu View Post
                Welcome John.

                I may well have a 2013 Canyon Strive coming up around that money very soon.

                It might not be what you're looking for however, it's the final year of the 26ers. Excellent big hitting tail bike though no matter the wheelsize.

                Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk


                Cheers Iíll keep that in mind,

                Currently looking at a 2015 mondraker foxy stealth for around £850, any opinions on that bike?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Good bikes from all accounts John, but possibly take a little bit of getting used to with the zero reach set-up.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Finally got round to getting another bike, canyon spectral 0.7ex,

                    looking to get down on Tuesday or Thursday which is a better first ride ?


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JohnH94 View Post
                      Finally got round to getting another bike, canyon spectral 0.7ex,

                      looking to get down on Tuesday or Thursday which is a better first ride ?


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Tuesday night the best starter as it's always at the same place. Thursday changes location most weeks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ok cheers peter, Tuesday better turn out aswell I guess? Iíll look at coming over next week or week after


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JohnH94 View Post
                          Ok cheers peter, Tuesday better turn out aswell I guess? I’ll look at coming over next week or week after


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Turn out varies on both rides week to week. Just depends who's about and what else is going on that week.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X