Hiya all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiya all

Just wanted to say 'hi' to everyone and introduce myself. Trail biking is something I've always had an interest in but never had the time/money :-(

Just treated myself to a new hard tail and safety kit last week . Your club was recommended and I'd love to go on the newbie ride on 14th June. Was wondering if anyone could give any further advice? I've had a read through the equipment list and think I've got most things, but am a complete newbie :-)

Thanks

Andy

Welcome best get onto the newbie ride and have a good look around the site as well post up any questions you have here there loads to help
    Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum!

I'd say get out and ride a bit. Find some local trails - where are you? - and go and explore. Great weather for it at the moment. Might be wise to try a few rides before trying the newbie ride, get bit of experience on your new bike before trying to tackle a decent size ride like that. Rivi isn't too be underestimated in regards to fitness or riding skill.

That said you might be just fine

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome mate, the club is great so you've come to the right place. Where have you been riding and have you been getting out much?
        It's not the winning or the taking part that counts....it's the beer afterwards.

Comment

Welcome to the club Andy,

Get your name on the newbie you may be okay
          if it's too hard/technical then plenty members come back for a 2nd crack at it

at least you know then what to expect

Enjoy the new hobby

EDIT... or PM syk0 he runs a local (ish) ride to your area
          that will give you a taste plus you'll be in good hands there

Stu may be right
          Last edited by leadville lance; 02-06-2014, 07:19.

Comment

Working...
          X