Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, was introduced to this group when I met Glen C last weekend near/after the start of Gisburn. So we hooked it up for the rest of ride dragging Strava PR's out of each other. I've been riding for only a few years(2009) starting at Llandegla on a Giant Yukon, broke a hand early 2012 and had a year out. End of 2013 began again, this year been riding every weekend on an old Orange 5(2004). Most rides have been either Cannock or Llandegla but this year mostly Gisburn(new favourite) with the odd Cannock and Llandegla ride. Ive missed only 1 or 2 weekend rides this year so up to a decent speed downhill but uphill is still slow! Probably visited most of the nearest trial centres MBR a couple of times, Marin, Penmachno(favourite but not been for years), Cannock, Gisburn.

This week my new frame arrived so beginning a new project "The Mega AM project" Bike needed now really, bashing the Orange a lot on the downhills(ouch blowing through the relatively short travel). Joined the Strava group too! so take look at some of those PR's for Llandegla and Gisburn... but only the downhills! I like riding in all weather too so the reason I end up out on my own mostly. My brother and mate have built new top spec orange 5's spending 1000,s on all top kit, so they are too scared to use them!!

Hello, parky

Welcome to the club!! Please take time to have a look around the website

Please look out for the next newbie ride as this is the best way into the club!
    The newbie/introduction ride isn't as daunting as it sounds it just gives us a level of fitness and skill that you are at so you don't end up miles from nowhere with not being able to carry on.

Another way into the club is to invite yourself along to a NCR (non club ride) which are posted in the non members section of the forum and if somebody feels your skill and fitness is of a good level they can vouch for you!

Please take some time looking at the kit you require there is a small list here:-

(http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/cont...rs-new-and-old)

These things will help if you have a breakdown or mechanical whilst out on a ride, the club members are usually great and will have some spares for the occasional thing that has been forgotten but it's great if you can be organised with your own spares .

The club is a great place to be with almost a ride a day with the various ncr's and club rides. We ride all over the north from the Lake District to the Peak District to north wales and various places in between.

Thanks for reading and hope your experience with the club is a long and exciting one if you have any problems or more questions please feel free to post up in the introduction section where members will be on hand to help or message me or one of the other committee members.

Hope to see you on the trails soon Andy (andy-cas)
    Our greatest glory is not never falling off, but in getting up every time we do

Comment

Welcome pal, as Andy says get your name down for a newbie ride or jump on an NCR if you see one that suits. Sounds like you'll get on well with our very own Trail Centre Tommy (Jimmy) but hopefully like him once you've ridden a few natural trails with the club you'll see the light and won't frequent the trail centres so much.

Hopefully see you on the (natural)trails pretty soon,

TaZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My Newbie Ride, April '11

Comment

Welcome to the club sounds like you'll fit right in. Look forward to seeing u out there.

Ste

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Welcome Parky. You should certainly fit in well here. If Glen would vouch for you, then you wouldn't need to do a newbie ride. The club has regular rides on natural trails around the north west so get yourself on one. Trail Centres are very handy but you will find natural trails are often more rewarding rides.

See you around

Comment

welcome Parky

Comment

Welcome parky, Glenn and I ride regular and from wot he said about ur riding, both on the ups and downs I don't think u will need to do a newbie ride

Ur in the right place here as it's a great club and we do many different types of rides, with virtually all much better than the trails uve done so far. I was like u in only riding trail centres till I joined the club, hence the nick name trail centre tommy

There is 2 newbie rides cumin up in next few weeks and I'd try and get on them as both r in areas that the club rides regular and r great rides. Couple of us r helping out on them too

Hope to cu out soon
              Eat, sleep, ride, repeat

Comment

Alright Lee - nice to see your looking at joining. I would vouch for your fitness (not that being quicker than me means a lot!)

So over to the comittee re vouching but I would suggest getting out on the odd Tuesday night or Saturday ride to get a feel for things.

I won't be out for a couple of weeks (snip on Sat ) but can put you in touch with Jimmy who is ok in small doses

Instagram

Comment

Welcome Parky
                  Sha...ting !!

Comment

Hi Parky, welcome to the Forum.

I've recently got a Mega AM myself, and am loving it (my Anthem not turned a wheel since I don't think). GOOD LUCK with the build.
                    Can we ride at a relaxed pace? It's my first ride since last time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn c View Post
                      Alright Lee - nice to see your looking at joining. I would vouch for your fitness (not that being quicker than me means a lot!)

So over to the comittee re vouching but I would suggest getting out on the odd Tuesday night or Saturday ride to get a feel for things.

I won't be out for a couple of weeks (snip on Sat ) but can put you in touch with Jimmy who is ok in small doses
                      Very very small doses oh and welcome to the club

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
                        very very small doses Oh and welcome to the club
                        b@stards
                        Last edited by Jimnesia; 23-05-2014, 11:00.
                        Eat, sleep, ride, repeat

Comment

Working...
                        X